It’s the Difference between Traditional Medicine and Natural, Integrated Health Care
The US spends more per capita on health care than any other country in the world. Unfortunately it’s not giving us the highest quality health as there are at least 35 countries with better health.
No one argues that the US is highly successful with acute and emergency medicine. Unfortunately long term and chronic health is where the US fails. There are many reasons for that but the philosophic approach is the major reason for that problem.
Difference in Health Care Approaches
The approach of Allopathic, traditional Health Care is to mask symptoms with medications. At times that is beneficial but generally the pharmaceutical masking of symptoms leaves the real problems unresolved. Unless long term medications with their attendant health complications are used long term the underlying problems will return.
Illnesses where drugs solely mask symptoms:
- Blood pressure
- Acid Reflux
- Irritable Bowel
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Dementia / Alzheimer’s
- Dermatologic Issues
- Many others
A more Effective Approach
An integrative more Natural approach focuses on the underlying causes of health problems. This focus relies on giving the body the tools and creating the environment to heal itself. By removing the underlying causes and allowing the body to heal is not only healthier (few or no drugs with side effects or suppressive effects) but when the underlying cause is eliminated long term health is achieved (lowered or eliminated recurrence).
The 8 Underlying Causes of Illness
There are only 8 underlying causes of all health problems. When minimized, eliminated or resolved the body will generally health itself.
- Toxins – If toxins cannot be eliminated from the body they will compromise physiology and overall health
- Infections– Bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungus, yeast. If the body and immune system cannot deal with these microbes they will eventually compromise the body resulting in disease
- Structural– Body alignment profoundly affects health
- Emotional Issues– Emotions and stress play a large part in health
- Nutritional Imbalances– Nutrition (imbalances or deficiencies) is critical to overall health
- Hormonal Imbalances– Hormones are a system of communications in the body. Poor communication= disease
- Electrical Imbalances– The body is physical and electric. Poor electric flow will cause body dysfunction
- Genetics / Miasms– Your genes will direct how your body functions. If genetics code for disease only counter measures will stop that disease from becoming a reality.
The key here is that one’s approach to health care can choose between symptom suppression, removing underlying causes or a combination. Research continues to show that chronic or preventive health is more responsive to a natural, integrated approach while acute or emergency health issues respond well to traditional medicine’s pharmaceutical, high technology and surgical approach.
Nevertheless a proactive approach to your health is most effective. This includes educating yourself, taking a preventive approach to health and selecting a health care team that aligns with your desired approach and outcomes to health.
A final suggestion to achieve better health: take responsibility for your health in this stressful, toxic, nutrient depleted environment.